.

.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The BaBa Fairy

Anyone who knows Parker knows that she LOVES her BaBa (pacifier).  When she turned 2 we cut back to only using it at night and at nap time, however, we recently had a set back and were using it more than we should ( I don't want to point any fingers...Juju).....When Morgen was born Parker gave the pink and green BaBas to her and only kept the purple ones for herself, but don't be misled, we had MANY purple ones! 

Well, John and I decided that the time had come for ALL BaBas to go away...I had read a story somewhere about someone having a BaBa fairly come and take the BaBas and leave a present in their place, kinda like the tooth fairy.  We decided that Friday would be the day.  I had a friend of mine make a cake shaped like a purple BaBa, I figured the bigger deal we made of it the more likely it would stick (with both Parker and us).  Next, Parker and I collected all the BaBas.  There was, no joke, about 6 of them in her bed.  We had dinner then celebrated with BaBa cake, then we headed upstairs for bath and bed.  Cue hour long tantrum,  "I loooost soooomething!", "I can't sleeeeep".  Well, she did sleep and she slept fine all night long.  On Saturday morning when we got up Parker found a new "baby" in place of the BaBa's and cake that we left for the fairy.  She did look for a little while for her BaBas, but the new baby soon won out.  It is now Sunday and we have made it all weekend without a BaBa!  I am SO proud of my BIG girl! 
Friday night - BaBa cake
Sunday Morning - 2 days sans BaBa
Morgen felt left out, so here's Mo....Sunday morning :)

2 comments:

Rachel and Cameron

That is great news!! Good job, Parker!!

Mom on the Move!

Yeah Parker! We did that with B years ago. I think it went much smoother than if we had just taken them away!

Post a Comment