.

.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

18 months and counting


























So....all those who know me well, try not to laugh, but this morning I went to a class (mainly for the free babysitting) that was titled "Taming Your Toddler".  I wasn't totally convinced that "taming" was possible, and from what I learned today, I don't think it is.  Either way, I got to sit in relative quiet and listen to stories about kids WAY worse than my sweet Parker.  In the meantime, Parker had a blast at the daycare.  The "teachers" said that she played well with everyone and was a delight!  She made this lovely easter wreath while there...



On most days I would say that MY toddler is reasonably tame, but as of late, I think that I might be challenged on that statement.  At 18 months, Parker is full of personality and attitude.  She is a child who knows what she wants and help us all when she doesn't get it.  One of the few tips that was helpful in this mornings class was to avoid telling your toddler "no" as much as possible.  You should save "no" (the negative) for really important "no's", such as safety, and in place of this "negative word" we should spend more time with distraction and removal of problem causes.   I get this, in order for the word to have meaning it shouldn't be over-used and most definitely not turned back around on me!  I'll let you know how it goes.  


At 1.5 years Parker is an EXTREMELY picky eater!  She will only eat a few things and those things change depending on the day, hour, and minute!  Foods that she will "entertain" include:  chicken nuggets, applesauce, pudding, blackberries, strawberries, french fries, tator tots, noodles, yogurt and our most consistant food is cheese!  This fact alone is amazing!  As most of you know, for the entire first year of her life Parker's little system couldn't handle dairy, but slowly and surely cheese has become our favorite food!




She still takes one nap a day, however we have managed to push it back to about 11:30am and she usually naps until about 2:00pm.  Parker has always had a bedtime and throughout this crazy move that is one thing that we have been able to keep consistant!  She has a bath each evening and is in bed by 6:45pm and usually asleep by 7:00pm.  


Parker enjoys playing the most and can make a game out of ANYTHING....











And she LOVES to blow kisses :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment