.

.

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Secret of Grocery Shopping.....

After what seems like a thousand traumatic trips to the grocery store that all ended in tears (mostly Parker's), half-opened food, and promises of a "dog" in the car I have discovered the secret to successful shopping.....child labor.  The first couple of times I felt guilty about lying about the "dog", but hey, you do what you have to do!

So today as we entered the store I all but tripped over the answer to all our drama........  Apparently since our last visit to the commissary the powers that be decided to provide their pint-sized shoppers with their own carts.  I am telling myself that the appearance of these little beauties had nothing to do with our weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) take-overs of the store.....

We started with a few groceries....


By the time we were through, Parker had very a full buggy :)
We concluded this trip with only a "minor" tantrum when it was time to return the buggy....

On a different note, last weekend when John took Bailey out before bed he came running back in telling me to come outside with the camera.  I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to be taking a picture of, but as always I went camera in tow.  He had found a hedgehog hanging out on the side of our house.  "He" was friendly, or so John said, I didn't dare touch him for fear of Rabies and other German animal diseases, but John went over and petted him.

1 comments:

Rachel and Cameron

Omg, why did John feel the need to pet the hedgehog?? That's hilarious. I LOVE the buggies!! Parker looks very happy. My child eats the whole time we're at the grocery... that's the only way we make it through. And I totally promise cookies, m&ms and other treats when we get home :) Oh, the diapers are in Germany. They called and told me today, so hopefully they'll be delivered soon... my 12 days are ticking! Miss yall!

Post a Comment