.

.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meeting the Neighbors :)

A lot has happened since I last posted....John left for the tail end of a rotation in Grafenwöhr, Parker and I ventured out to dinner, went to a HUGE flea market, planted flowers, and made new friends!  It's been a busy week!    

With John gone I saw no reason to cook, so Rachel, Allison, Parker and I have eaten out the last two nights.  On Thursday, we went to schnitzel night and it was great!  They had about 25 different ways to eat schnitzel for 5.99 Euro (about $8.40), which is cheap for here.  I had a horseradish schnitzel with rosemary potatoes, Rachel had an Italian one with tomato, mozzarella, and basil, and Parker had cheese and potato croquettes.  It was very good :).  Last night we went to a wood fire pizza place.  Germans have surprisingly good pizza.  Parker enjoyed her cheese spaghetti.....

This morning we got up VERY early (about 6:30am, which for here, is early!) and went to a HUGE flea market with our neighbor, Liz and her two kids.  We spent the entire morning exploring and buying stuff we didn’t need!  Parker had a blast :).  She came home with a baby bed and a new green “bouncy horse”.  “Baby” loves her new bed, and with the beating that she takes from Parker, she’s going to need her rest  :).  The horse is just weird, but Parker loves it!  


And I got this great glass jug to collect change in.....


When we got home from the flea market, both Parker and I took a well-earned nap.  In my opinion, it wasn’t long enough!  This afternoon we planted the flowers that we had purchased in the village on Thursday.  I think that Parker was digging them up as fast as I was planting them.  But eventually, through persistence and distraction, I managed to get them all in the ground!


While we were planting, our neighbors (right next door) came out to play.  They have four kids in all ranging from 14 to 2.  Their youngest, Gabby, and Parker played all afternoon.  They enjoyed the trampoline….



The slide….

And the bouncy horse :) 


All in all, we have had another great day in Bavaria!  

2 comments:

Mom on the Move!

Yeah for great neighbors and friends to explore and eat with!

Rachel and Cameron

I love that horse!! Glad yall are having a fun week. I'm sure your glad John is home now.

Post a Comment